The Black T-Shirt Cyber Forensics Challenge will be run annually each spring. There will be mini-challenges held at different times throughout the year, including the fall.
The contests are designed to address a variety of elements, which are important in conducting today's digital forensics examinations, incident responses, and intrusion analyses, including:
- File system and operating system identification
- Recovery of operating system and application artifacts
- Recovery of user-created artifacts
- Conducting in-depth analysis across the system and scenario, which extends beyond artifact recovery
- Event reconstruction, where forensic examiners determine what happened on a system based on recovered artifacts.
- Report writing, where forensic examiners are required to create well-written, succinct reports explaining their methodologies as well as their findings.
Click here for details regarding the annual Black T-Shirt Cyber Forensics Challenge.
Black T-Shirt Cyber Forensics Challenge
Prove Your Worth